Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's About Time!

So I uploaded these photos backwards. OOPS!! I feel like a bad blogger for not posting in a month!!! Or not taking pictures in forever. You can tell a big difference in my belly for sure. It is crazy.

The baby moves around tons! Last weekend she figured out how to flip head down which was a bizarre feeling. You could tell she was lower just by looking at me. She hung out upside down for most of a day then moved back to normal. She is all over the place which I absolutely love. I am enjoying every kick and movement thoroughly.

Life has been a bit crazy lately for us. Both of us have had some bad luck lately. Last Saturday while framing our basement, Shawn had a mishap with the nail gun. He actually shot himself in the foot with a 3 inch nail!!!! I was running around and in shock trying to get him out the door to the insta care. After about an hour and a half they were able to pull the nail out of his foot. The reason it look so long is that they had to cut the shoe off around the nail so they could deaden his foot. The nail went about an inch into his foot and actually missed the bones which is a miracle in itself. Needless to say he has been limping around all week but his foot is healing nicely.

Early early sunday morning I ended up at the hospital due to an unfortuate event with a reaction to an antibiotic I have been on for an ear infection. Of course we didn't know what was going on at that point so the on call OB dr. thought it was best that I go get some IV fluids and have the baby monitored to make sure I wouldn't go into labor (due to being dehydrated). It was neat to hear little lulu's heart beat on the monitors. She didn't like the monitor at all and kept moving around. The nurse had to come back in several times to move the monitor onto her and within a minute or two of her leaving, the baby would move again. She also would kick it and that was entertaining because it made a funny sound. Shawn and I were quite the couple. The nurses at the hospital made sure they gave him a lot of grief about his foot. They told him that since his wife was too sick to make fun of him that they had to do it.

All week has been an adventure in itself. I have been going to the hospital every day all week (and weekend) for IV fluids to keep my self hydrated until I can eat enough and keep it in to substain both myself and the baby. I am sure ready to get back to normal life and get my house ready for a baby.

Some other good news to report... My sister had her baby yesterday. He was 7 pounds 13 ounces, 20 inches long. His size was pretty shocking to everyone because all along they have been telling my sister he was over 9 pounds. The really neat part is that my parents had planed a trip back to see her (and hopefully a baby) for this weekend. The second my mom could turn on her phone when they landed she called my sister and she had litterally delivered the baby 4 minutes prior. They were super exited and he couldn't have come at a better time. I am really excited to see some pictures of him.


















Week 25 1/2 (taken tonight)















Week 21 1/2






















week 21 1/2

No comments: