Thursday, November 6, 2008

Week 8!

It is hard to believe that I am already in week 8 (as of yesterday). I am really looking forward to being out of my first trimester! We found that if I cook something I can't eat it which is super challenging because I am the cook of the family. Last night Shawn made dinner and I feel so much better today than I have for several weeks! I can't believe that I didn't figure it out sooner but this whole thing is a learning experience. Tuesday night I made a huge pot of home made chicken noodle soup and can't touch it at all now! I guess I will be delivering a container to the neighbors because there is seriously enough to feed the whole neighborhood.

My first doctor appointment is in a few weeks (November 18th) and the doctor said that we will have a 60% chance of hearing the heart beat. We are both super excited for the appointment.

We had a fun Halloween this year. Kaylee dressed up as a devil and went out with a big group of six girls from all over the neighborhood. This was her first year of being able to go out on her own. We had dead batteries in the camera so we were not able to get a picture of her to post. Shawn and I stayed home and handed out candy to the trick or treaters. We probably had close to a hundred come to the door. It was a bit crazy! After the girls were done trick or treating they had a huge sleepover at one of the girls houses. I think Kaylee had a great night!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I have the same problem when I am pregnant : )One idea is to have Shawn cook and cut up a bunch of chicken all at once so you have little chicken cubes all ready to go in your fridge that you can just throw in to things. That and cereal. : ) If I were there I'd bring dinner to you! It really does get better, hang in there!